Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev is a contemporary yogi rooted as strongly in worldly and pragmatic matters as he is in inner experience and wisdom. Named one of India’s 50 most influential people, Sadhguru has addressed prominent global forums on issues as diverse as socio-economic development, leadership and spirituality. He has served as a delegate to the United Nations Millennium Peace Summit and the World Peace Congress and has been a regular speaker at the World Economic Forum in Davos. He has also been a speaker at the Australian Leadership Retreat, Tallberg Forum, World Presidents’ Organization, TED, Tuck School of Business and the British House of Lords. His interviews have been featured in Forbes, The New York Times, BBC, Bloomberg, CNNI and CNBC. He is the author of over 50 books, the subject of four books and co-author of the Amazon bestseller “Midnights with the Mystic”. His public talks frequently draw crowds of over 300,000 people.
• Indira Gandhi Award, India’s highest award for environmental work in recognition of his Project GreenHands initiative
• Sport for the Environment Award by Beyond Sport in Chicago for Project GreenHands’s innovative use of sports, community games and yoga to encourage rural communities to take charge of the environment
About Isha Foundation
Founded by Sadhguru, Isha Foundation is a non-religious, non-profit organization with over 200 centers worldwide and over one million volunteers. Isha Foundation offers Inner Engineering Online – a practical approach for inner transformation in a fast-paced world. The course, designed by Sadhguru, presents simple yet powerful tools for an individual to experience life on a deeper level with more awareness, energy, and productivity. This program is an ideal opportunity for those with time and travel constraints to experience the same profound effects of the traditional Inner Engineering program, which has impacted millions of people over the past 25 years.
Apart from conducting inner transformation programs, Isha Foundation also runs a number of social outreach programs such as:
• Project GreenHands www.projectgreenhands.org – A massive public reforestation eḀort in India aiming to plant 114 million trees as fast as possible. 856,587 trees were planted by 256,289 people on a single day in 2006 achieving the project a place in the Guinness World Book of Records.
• Action for Rural Rejuvenation www.ruralrejuvenation.org – Rural revitalization program offering medical care, community rehabilitation and human upliftment to more than 2,500 destitute South Indian villages.
• Isha Vidhya www.ishavidhya.org – A pioneering English language based, computer-oriented education initiative in rural South India.
• Isha Care Clinic www.ishacare.org – Providing free primary and preventive care to uninsured, low income residents in areas of rural Tennessee.
More information about Isha Foundation can be found at www.ishausa.org.